Sabado, Hunyo 15, 2013

"OBEDIENCE"



Today's Word is:
OBEDIENCE

--- o ---

      I'm in the state of thinking on what will I write in this blog, until I remember the story of a "Mountain Climber."
     There was a mountain climber who was about to reach the top of the highest mountain in  his country. Then suddenly the wind blew hard as if he was about give up. Since it was already dark, he doesn't see anything aside from darkness. But still, he holds on the rock more tighter. But the wind blew harder and the snow also begins to fall.
     About an hour later, his body began to chill and his hands were too tired holding on the rocks. He also felt that he was slowly sliding. And when he thinks that there's no one can help him, he asked and shouted to the Lord, "God help me!... I am about to reach the top but why did you caused to blew a hard wind and you let the snow falls? Why? What am I going to do? I don't want to die but I don't also want to give up in reaching the top. I'm gone to far to give up. Tell me what am I going to do?"
     Then a voice answered him, "Free your hand, hold out!"
    He refuses and shout, "No! I wont! I will hold tighter and and wait for the storm to calm."  He holds tighter on the rock and didn't follow the voice that he heard.
     Early in the morning, T.V., radio stations, newspapers, and social media had the same headlines, "CHILLED BODY FOUND HANGING, 2 FT. ABOVE THE GROUND!"

     What a sad and tragic ending. But that story tells us one thing... HEARING and LISTENING are two different things. You hear but you don't listen. Or listen and do what it says. ("But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves") -James 1:22 NLT


 


     LEARN to LISTEN and OBEY God's word and EXPERIENCE His favor: Live in safety, be at ease, and without fear of  harm.  ("but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.") -Proverbs 1:33 NIV




     There's a one good character of the mountain climber that I see, NEVER GIVING UP. Though it leads him to his own destruction. He asked God's help, and when God answers his call, he ignored it and do his own way. 
Proverbs 1:24-27 NIV
24 But since you refuse to listen when I call
    and no one pays attention when I stretch out my hand,
25 since you disregard all my advice
    and do not accept my rebuke,
26 I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you;
    I will mock when calamity overtakes you—
27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm,
    when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind,
    when distress and trouble overwhelm you.

     Obey and you will be blessed. Disobey and you will be cursed. (“Look, today I am giving you the choice between a blessing and a curse! You will be blessed if you OBEY the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today. But you will be cursed if you reject the commands of the Lord your God and turn away from him and worship gods you have not known before.") -Deuteronomy 11:26-28 NLT

     Admit it or not, many of us (whether Christians or not) are also like that man, when we think that there's no one can help us, we go to God and ask for help but when He answers and we don't like what it is, our tendency is to ignore it and cover our ears like a deaf (unwilling or unable to hear or pay attention to something).

DON'T JUST HEAR. LISTEN. DON'T JUST LISTEN. OBEY.
RIGHT OBEDIENCE IS REQUIRED!


BELIEVE, TRUST, and have FAITH in our Lord Jesus.

Shalom!


-Amor Caparas-

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento