Miyerkules, Nobyembre 6, 2013

DURABILITY OVER BEAUTY (Finding Security)


DURABILITY OVER BEAUTY 
(Finding Security)


     Scenario: I’m prettily crossing the road doing kinda model walk (just exaggerating ^_^) when suddenly felt something on my shoes. But of course still continue walking because I’m in the middle of the street where cars going north and south on my left and right. Few seconds left before the traffic lights turn green, I need to walk as fast as I can but I can’t ‘coz there is really something on my shoes, oh my… three steps away… hoooo! Finally.

Instead of going straight to the office, I went to a near 7 ELEVEN store not to buy anything but just to have a sit. I look on my BEAUTIFUL (in my sight of course) wedge and waaaalllaaaahhh… it’s broken L

I have different shoes to choose from, but I’m asking my self why? Why did I choose to wear this one?  In fact, this was the first time I wore this wedge going to work and believe it or not this was just the second time I wore it. And look at what happened...



I cant believe this.  I trust too much the brand without even bothering ‘til when its stability will last. I choose BEAUTY over DURABILITY.

This time I’m desperate, I need to find alternatives.  Looking around… there is none.
Time check 7:50!  What?! 7:50? Oh my, I will be late.  I need to walk with this wedge as fast and SAFE as I can.  C114 – 7:59 time in… WOW! That’s really close. But praises be to God, I arrived in the office safe and sound.

Looking on Appearance

My eyes are limited by what it can reach. 
I'm convinced by the beauty without taking a closer look of its quality. 
And most of us are like that, we judge easily by looking on someones outside appearance. But the Lord sees not as man sees. (1 Samuel 16:7) 

Finding Security?

(Luke 16:22-23) 
Money will never secure you (your life).

(1 Kings 22:34) 
An armor cannot protect you fully from a random shot of an arrow.

(Joshua 6:20-21)
A great wall will collapse and bring disaster.

(1 Samuel 31:4-6)
Your own sword will harm you.

Trusting God for Everything

How many times you find security on the government, on your career, on your family (husband or wife, girlfriend or boyfriend, or your special someone), friends, educational background, on material things you possesses, and your financial capability? Does it gives you full protection/security?

You know the answer very well. 

       Isaiah 12:2 (NIV)
 Surely God is my salvation;    I will trust and not be afraid.The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense[a]; he has become my salvation.
In Him trust.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento